On a timely basis, men are likely to witness some kind of random erections. Many men want to know why I get random erections. A random erection is an erection that happens without sexual arousal. Random erections are quite a normal thing. Teenagers and young guys are likely to gain random erections, though they can happen to any adult man too.
Occasionally having trouble achieving or keeping an erection is not cause for concern also. However, if you notice plenty of changes in your erection frequency or its ability, then it could be a sign of erectile dysfunction (ED). And to treat ED there are many medicines available in the market like Cenforce 100.
Many men often experience erections, at times they are called boners, without physical or psychological stimulation. While it is usually not a reason to worry, it can be embarrassing at times. Random erections are normal in adolescents and adults, especially when they wake up from sleep. Fluctuations in testosterone may be responsible for this.
What is normal?
An erection happens when an individual becomes sexually aroused. A random erection refers to one that occurs “from nowhere,” without any kind of sexual stimulation in men.
They are common in teenage and young adults, but men of any given age can experience random erections at times. This is normal and this also may indicate healthy sexual functioning.
Waking up to a random erection is quite common. This is known as nocturnal penile tumescence. If a person, however, has random erections but is frequently not able to achieve or sustain an erection when sexually aroused, this could be a sign of ED. But the most frequent question that one has in their mind is why do I get random erections and medical science has all the answers to this question.
- An erection is triggered often when an individual becomes aroused by thinking about, seeing, or feeling something or someone who is sexually very exciting.
- The brain sends immediate signals that widen the arteries linked to the penile, allowing more blood to enter it. The veins that carry this blood back to the rest of the body shrink. This leads to penile swelling & stiffening, developing an erection.
- Erections that happen without sexual arousal can have plenty of causes.
- A healthy male will experience 3 to 5 erections while asleep, each lasting for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Men are very keen to know why I get random erections. Levels of hormones in our body also fluctuate all day, particularly testosterone, and this can form random erections in you as well.
- A review of studies resulted that testosterone is necessary for the formation of a penile erection. Ten years post that, some research also said that this hormone plays a major role in sexual functioning. However, the involvement of testosterone in random erections remains to be very unclear.
Random erections and ED:
Know why I get random erections. It is normal for any individual to be occasionally unable to form or sustain an erection when sexually aroused. This can be caused with the help of fatigue or alcohol consumption. Or, there might be no possible reason for this. However, if this begins to happen frequently, it can indicate ED.
Physical & psychological factors cause ED in men as well, and recognizing which are responsible can help to figure out the best treatment. If someone experiences random erections and frequent inability to gain and maintain an erection when stimulated, the condition is likely caused by psychological factors.
Physical reasons may involve problems with the nerves or flow of blood, and medications like Cenforce 100 can help to increase blood flow to the penile area leading to a hard erection for long sexual intercourse. However, random erections are a possible side effect of such medications. Random erections can be very tough to avoid because they occur at any time. This can lead men to embarrassment.
Tips to manage random erections include:
Hiding the erection: Sitting behind a desk or a protective wall, using a bag or another object as a cover, or rearranging the fabric of the pants can help to hide an erection.
Focusing: It may be possible to low down an erection by redirecting attention. Some may find it very useful to perform a mental task, like solving simple math problems.
Avoid stimulating the erection further: If an erection is further stimulated by movement, it may take longer to disappear for sure.
Getting cold: Going outside in a cold climate or taking a cold shower can help you for sure, whenever possible.
When should you see a doctor?
If you notice any sudden change in the frequency of your erections, talk to your doctor as soon as possible. You should also see your doctor if you witness any kind of pain in the penile during, before, or post an erection. If an erection stays for more than 4 hours or so, you should visit an emergency room. There is no need to medically manage erections that are random as they are a normal occurrence. A doctor may recommend you Cenforce 100 for better erections.
Managing random erections
It may not be possible to avoid erections that happen quite frequently. If you’re concerned about your random erections, then make sure to discuss this with your doctor. They can figure out if your erections are normal or a sign of any kind of underlying condition.
If a random erection occurs, here are a few tips you can perform to manage the condition:
- Think about something: Try to focus on something other than your erection. Distracting yourself may help your erection pass quickly.
- Avoid stimulating your erection: Further stimulation can lead the random erection into a normal erection, which may cause it to take longer to fade away.
- Try shifting your sitting position: You may be able to hide the erection if you sit down & casually bunch your pants up in the crotch area.
- Put your hands in pockets: Once your hands are in your pockets, you can try to gently reposition the erection so that it’s closer to your body. This can help hide your hard erection if you’re standing.
Random erections outside of sexual arousal are quite general & do not cause for kind of alarm. Men who have consistent problems reaching or maintaining an erection should consult their doctors because that may be a sign of an underlying medical condition.