Yoga is an ancient practice that helps to strike a balance between the mind and body. It involves a combination of physical postures, breathing exercises, and deep meditative exercises, which bring calmness and harmony. It causes complete relaxation and can be beneficial for men experiencing sexual difficulties such as erectile dysfunction.
The primary cause of erectile dysfunction is a lack of blood flow to the reproductive organs. This can stem from underlying physiological factors or psychological factors. However, doing some yoga poses on a regular basis can boost the blood flow to the reproductive organs and improve erection function.
According to various sources, the best yoga poses that can restore the erection function are:
Also known as Standing Forward Fold or Bend, this is a powerful pose that promotes flexibility, relaxes the pelvic floor muscles, boosts blood flow to the pelvic region, helps attain mindfulness, and relieves anxiety. Also, men having issues with fertility can benefit a lot from this pose.
- Stand on the floor with your feet hip-width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- Now slowly inhale and as you exhale, start bending your torso forward hinging from your hips, not the lower back.
- Bring your hands on the floor in front of your feet and your fingers must touch the ground.
- Now, inhale deeply and feel your chest expanding.
- Try to keep your knees straight.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds, between 30 seconds to a minute and as you inhale, lift your torso a little up and feel the stretch. Exhale and feel relaxed.
- Inhale and release the pose by bending your knees a bit, keeping the back straight bringing the arms up and gently lifting your torso back to standing position.
2. Baddha konasana
Also known as Butterfly pose or Bound Angle pose. This posture stretches the organs of the pelvic region. It works on the groin, inner thighs, pelvic organs such as bladder, prostate gland, urethra, penile, etc. It can stimulate the blood flow in this region, which can restore the erection function.
- This pose requires you to sit down. Extend your legs in front of you and now bend your knees and move your feet closer to your pelvis.
- Relax your knees and let them rest on either side.
- Grab your feet with your hands and keep your back straight.
- Now start flapping your thighs and knees repeatedly like butterfly wings.
- Keep doing this exercise for a few minutes.
3. Janu Sirsasana
Also called Head-to-knee pose. This pose stretches your pelvic floor muscles and increases their relaxation, which triggers blood circulation in the reproductive organs. Besides, it is also a stress reliever pose.
- This pose has to be performed in the sitting position.
- You have to sit down and stretch your legs straight in front of you.
- Bring your one foot to the pelvis by bending your knee. One leg must remain stretched out while another is folded.
- Now, inhale and raise both of your hands, and as you exhale, start bending forward. Try to touch your chin to the knee, bring your hands towards your foot, and clasp your fingers around it.
- Stay in this position for around 1 to 3 minutes and release.
There are many other poses that focus on relaxing your pelvic floor muscles and increasing the blood flow to the penile. Erectile dysfunction is a very common problem among men. Its symptoms can be alleviated with regular yoga practice. Abundant blood flow is crucial for the optimal health of your reproductive organs. These poses increase blood flow and boost your libido or sex drive which improves your sexual performance. It also overcomes erectile difficulties and makes it easier for men to get and maintain harder erections.
Apart from that, lack of blood flow to the reproductive organs can affect the health of semen. It can also give rise to premature ejaculation in men. This can impact their fertility. They may fail to conceive. But when they do yoga regularly, the health of their reproductive organs remains in an optimal state. Their sexual function improves, and their fertility issues also go away.
Lastly, those experiencing erection difficulties because of psychological reasons experience complete relaxation after performing yoga, as diverts it the mind and helps get rid of mental health issues that interfere with sexual function.