Erectile dysfunction or impotence is a distressing condition that is characterized by an inability to get or maintain an erection for indulging in a sexual intercourse. There is availability of wide range of medications that helps with the temporary treatment of the erection failures. These erectile dysfunction medications are known to work successfully in 7 out of 10 men.
However, they do have some common side effects that be bothersome. Also, there is a possibility of a serious side effect such as priapism, sudden vision loss in one or both eyes (NAION), sudden hearing decrease or loss, and ringing in the ears (tinnitus). Thus, these ED medicines do have their fair share of adverse effects associated with their consumption.
Another safer alternative for relieving impotence conditions is a vacuum erectile device, also known as a penis pump. These can be bought by considering several things such as safety, effectiveness, patient reviews, budget, warranty period, and features. These are extremely helpful as they can treat the condition without the need for ED supplements which come with potential side effects.
What Causes Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction is a result of poor blood flow to the penile which degrades the quality of erections. It causes blockages in the blood vessels of the penile that hinder the blood flow and prevent erection. Erection failure can be frequently encountered due to smoking, excessive drinking, injuries, low testosterone, and drug reactions.
Moreover, it can be a sure sign of some underlying physical or emotional factors. Sometimes there is also a possibility of combination of both of these conditions that worsens the case even more. Some physiological reasons can be obesity, high cholesterol, diabetes, and high blood pressure along with several psychological troubles including stress, depression, anxiety, fear, and low self-esteem that are known to aggravate these sexual conditions.
What Are Vacuum Pumps Or Devices?
Men with difficulties achieving and sustaining, or an inability of having an erection despite attaining absolute sexual arousal can opt for a vacuum constriction device or pumps. It is one of the non-medicated treatment options available in the market which makes it free from any adverse effects. It consists of a plastic tube, a hand or battery-operated pump, along with a constriction ring for supporting the penile.
Consequently, the pump operates by creating a vacuum inside the tube, which stimulates a flow of blood to the penile. The surge of blood flow promotes an erection. Some devices are automatic and other requires manual operation. Men can easily implement their usage as these devices are a safer alternative to medications as well as invasive procedures.
How Does A Vacuum Constriction Device Function?
The vacuum pump works by using suction to draw blood to the penile. Following this the blood fills the penile chambers thereby reaching penile tissues, blood vessels, and nerves causing the penile to swell and trigger a harder erection.
The pump has to be properly placed over the penile; it can be manually controlled or run on batteries. A constriction ring is placed around the base of the penile helps to keep the blood in the penile and sustain the erection for a prolonged duration. Once properly placed, it is required to pump the air out of the cylinder so that a vacuum is created. The vacuum thus formed draws the blood to the penile and induces an erection. Once the erection is achieved, secure it with the help of a constriction ring around the base of your penile to maintain an erection and remove the pump. The belt can be left at the base safely for around half an hour for a successful sexual experience. To conclude, the pump helps the pump to become erect and the band attached to the pump helps retain the erection.
Some Additional Tips Regarding The Usage Of Vacuum Pumps
- Follow the directions: It is necessary to follow the manufacturers’ directions provided in the booklet as every device is different despite serving the same purpose.
- Maintain cleanliness: It is advised to keep the penile region clean and shaved. Such that we can prevent the pubic hair from getting stuck in the constriction ring. It also helps get a better seal against the skin.
- Remove the ring after 30 minutes: The constriction should not be kept for more than half an hour as it can cause damage due to limiting of the blood flow.
- Make use of lubricant: By applying a little bit of lube to penile shaft as well as the base of the penile, and also around the mouth of the tube can ensure a tighter seal. Lubricant can make it easier to slide the tension ring on and off.
How Long Does Its Effect Last?
Its effects usually last for 30 minutes but not limited to that as everyone’s situation is different. Other factors like stimulation and level of arousal can also have a huge impact on the performance and the duration.
Side Effects Associated With Vacuum Pumps
The erection induced by the pump is not the same as a natural erection. Due to suction pressure, the penile turns a little purplish. It can result in numbness, bruising or swelling of the penile shaft, absence of ejaculation, and lastly difficulty achieving an orgasm.
Various Forms Of Vacuum Pumps
- Air Pumps – Air pumps are the most preferred option while choosing a vacuum pump which serves as an effective solution against erection troubles. These are user-friendly and also available at reasonable prices. Some best air pumps in the market are:
- CalExotics Optimum Series Advanced Automatic Smart Pump
- CalExotics Optimum Series Precision Pump With Erection Enhancer
- Water Pumps – For uniform pumping, one can make use of water pumps also known as hydro pumps which require extensive usage of water as a result its usage is limited during the bath or shower only.
- Bathmate HYDROMAX7 Penis Pump Clear 5-7 inches
- Penomet Hydropump Standard
- Manual Pumps – These devices let us to regulate the pressure in the cylinder or tube manually, with the help of a bulb present on the end of the hose that has to be squeezed. These manually operated devices are comparatively more affordable than the others.
- Encore Impo Aid Manual Vacuum Erection Penis Pump
- The Precision Pump
- Electric Pumps – These are battery-operated pumps without any electrical cords or outlets. These are extremely beneficial for people with arthritis or dexterity issues as it doesn’t need any external manipulation.
- Calexotics Optimum
- Encore Delux Battery Vacuum Erection System
Best Overall Vacuum Pump
Lastly, Bathmate penis pumps in the series HYDROMAX are the best-reviewed device that ensures reliable erections. Apart from being user-friendly, its material quality is excellent, and its availability in an efficient design to accommodate 3 to 9 inches of erections is something extraordinary that makes it the best choice among men.