Erectile dysfunction (ED) is the known sexual disorders in the world by men. The risk increases with growing age, but you don’t have to be old to have ED problems. ED can happen to any man but is quite common in men old than 60 years.
You achieve an erection when blood fills two chambers called as the corpora cavernosa. This causes your penis to expand, just like a balloon with water. Impulses straight from the brain & genital nerves begin the process. Anything that blocks such impulses can cause weak or poor erections in men. Fildena 100 can be an effective solution for treating ED.
Your doctor may recommend you for blood tests for hormones, fasting blood sugar & cholesterol on the outcome. Your doctor may test for kidneys and liver functioning. Few men also need special tests to check for blood vessels, nerve function, and the amount of blood flow.
Many ED men also ask doctor’s on why does my penis hurt. Penile pain can affect the base, shaft, or head of the penile. It can affect the foreskin as well. An itching, burning, or throbbing sensation may accompany the pain in the penile area. Penile pain can lead to an accident or some kind of disease. It can affect males at any given age.
The pain can vary depending on the underlying condition or diseases that is actually causing it. If you have any kind of injury, the pain may be quite serious and occur in sudden time. If you have a disorder or any critical condition, the pain may be mild & this may gradually get bad with time.
Men are quite fed up with searching solutions and symptoms on why does my penis hurt. Any type of pain in the penile area is a cause for concern, specifically if it happens during an erection, prevents urination, or happens along with discharge, sores, redness, or some swelling.
Possible causes of pain in the penile area
Peyronie’s disease begins when an inflammation causes a thin layer of scar tissue, called plaque, to develop along the upper or lower ridges of the shaft of the penile area. Because the scar tissue is developed next to the tissue that becomes erect at the time of an erection, you may notice that your penile bends when it’s erect.
The disorder can happen if bleeding inside the penile begins after you bend or hit it, if you have a connective tissue disorder, or if you also have an inflammation of your lymphatic system or blood vessels. The disorder can run in few of the families or the cause of the disorder may be unknown.
Priapism forms a painful, prolonged erection in the penile area. This erection can happen even when you don’t want to perform sexual intercourse. The condition is common in men in their early 30s. If priapism happens, you should get treatment as soon as possible to prevent long-term effects of the disorder that may affect your ability to gain an erection.
Priapism may result from:
side effects of drugs used to treat ED or drugs used to treat depression
- blood clotting diseases
- mental health disorders
- blood disorders like leukemia or sickle cell anemia
- alcohol consumption
- illegal usage of drug
- injury to the penile or spinal cord
Treatment options for pain in the penile area
Patients are usually asking if there are any treatment or answer to their question on why does my penis hurt. Yes, the treatment varies depending on the condition or disease:
- Injections soften Peyronie’s disorders plaques. A surgeon can remove them in some serious cases.
- Draining the blood from the penile area with a needle helps reduction of an erection if you are suffering from priapism. Medication may also lower the blood flow to the penile area.
- Antibiotics treat UTIs & STIs, involving chlamydia, gonorrhea, & syphilis. Antibiotics and antifungal oral medicines can also treat balanitis.
- Antiviral medicines can help low down or shorten herpes outbreaks.
- Stretching the foreskin with your fingers may make it looser if you are suffering from phimosis.
- Icing the head of your penile region lowers down the swelling in paraphimosis. Your doctor may recommend putting pressure on the head of the penile. They can also inject medicines into the penile area to help it drain.
- A surgeon can remove cancerous parts of the penile region. Treatment for penile cancer may also include radiation treatment.
- There are also few medications such as Fildena 100 that can treat poor erections in men.
Preventing pain in the penile
You can take few steps to reduce your chances of forming pain, just like using condoms when you are performing sexual intercourse, avoiding sex with anyone who has any kind of infection, and asking sexual partners to avoid movements that bend your penile.
If you’re suffering from repeated infections or other issues with your foreskin, having a circumcision or cleaning under your foreskin daily can help.
- If you witness pain in your penile region, consult your doctor right away.
- If an STI is the real cause of your penile pain, let your potential partners know to avoid spreading this kind of infection.
- Early diagnosis & treatment of the underlying cause can have a good effect on your health and well-being.
- Most causes of pain in the middle of the penile shaft are not much serious and can be easily treated being at your home.
- But if you have very intense, disruptive pain or symptoms of a serious underlying condition, see your doctor immediately to get it diagnosed and get it treated to prevent further complications.
- Visit your doctors and they may recommend you oral medication for effective treatment of penile pain or ED.
- Fildena 100 is said to be the most commonly used oral medication that has been used by men to treat erectile dysfunction under doctor’s recommendation.